Dear Edge and East Coast Wizard Families and Customers:
As we progress through Phase 3 of the State Re-opening plan the following guidelines and protocols will be in place.
Below are key safety points we will operate under for Phase 3 of the re-opening. We will continue to monitor safety guidelines from the CDC and State of Massachusetts daily to determine if we need to adjust our protocols as the situation changes. Based on the State Guidelines issued August 7, 2020 the following protocols must be followed at the Edge Sports Center.
- Players are strongly encouraged to arrive dressed to skate before entering the Edge.
- Anyone entering the Edge must logon the contact tracing app located in the Lobby.
- Players must bring their own water bottles.
- Locker Rooms will be open during Phase 3. Locker room time should be limited to 15 minutes prior to ice time, and masks must be worn in the locker rooms. Showers will continue to be closed.
- Only one spectator per player is allowed in the building. No siblings.
- All coaches, officials, and staff must wear a face covering at all times in public areas of the building, including while on the ice.
- Players should use the main lobby to enter the rink and exit the rink directly to the parking areas through the emergency exits. There is no returning to the lobby after the game. Upon completion of each event, everyone must leave the building as quickly as possible. There is no loitering in the lobby or other areas of the rink.
- All public areas of the rink (locker rooms, lobby, restrooms, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day. If you see an area that needs cleaning please notify the rink staff.
- Please make frequent use of the hand sanitizer available in the lobby and hand soap in the bathrooms.
- Social distancing guidelines are to be followed at all times and in all areas of the building. It is the responsibility of all customers to follow the guidelines.
- All games are played under USA Hockey no check rules as used in 12 and under youth and girl’s/women’s hockey.
- Face coverings are required for the centers during faceoffs and for all players and coaches while on the benches. Referees will define and enforce the faceoff protocols.
- Players should remain socially distanced as much as possible while on the bench. Benches have been extended to help with this.
- Only 1 player is allowed in the penalty box at a time. If there is more than one penalty being served subsequent players will remain on the bench.
- There will be no handshakes after the games.